2016年9月27日 星期二

Coffee in my life


      Putting a cup of bean into the grinder, then the coffee starting to fill the room with fantastic aroma, I enjoy this kind of slow and leisurely lifestyle in this fast-paced city. For me , coffee is more than just coffee. This summer vacation, I embarked on studying everything about this drink which has been regarded as a thing to stay themselves awake.
The coffee bean grinder in my dorm room ,(Now I usually use the electronic one haha)

     As a country kid from Nantou, planting is in my DNA. About three years ago, I put the first coffee tree onto my grandma’s farm. Watching the coffee cherries flourishing under the blazing sun and in the fresh air,” this is what I like!!”, I thought at that time. Since then, coffee has become an important part of my life.
Little cute frog on the leaf of my coffee tree
    In 2016 summer,I learned another skill of being a barista—roasting coffee. It acquired more scientific knowledge and experiences to display the best aroma and taste of coffee. Moreover, I often visit well-known shop and chat with their owner , listening to them sharing what they encountered as they were running the shop. Besides, I also participated in the seminar that the 2016 World Barista Championship winner- Berg Wu attended as well, learning a lot from it.



Berg Wu-sharing his feeling and tactics during the contest 
   This semester, I’m going to show you guys all I know about coffee from planting, roasting, to make a great cup of coffee.

Let's have a cup of coffee and have fun !!!
  Welcome to the incredible coffee journey with Howard!!!!

5 則留言:

  1. It's cool of you to plant coffee tree and put these things in your dorm XD

    回覆刪除
  2. it's possible to have coffee you make

    回覆刪除
  3. I think coffee is a good drink but most of them are so bitter. I am looking forward to your introduction for coffee this semester~

    回覆刪除