2016年10月6日 星期四

The Coffee Tree and the Raw Coffee Bean

    As the topic showed above, I am going to talk about the basic process of coffee drink--trees. To begin with, here is my own experience: I have planted about ten coffee trees several years ago. Under the sun's nourishing and my care for years.It will take approximately 3 to 4 years for the newly planted coffee trees to bear fruit from blooming. The fruit, called the coffee cherry, turned a bright , deep red when it was ripe and ready to be harvested,finally it became the useful beans that impressed me with it's fabulous taste.
The mature coffee cherries

The coffee trees flower before they bear fruit 
From green to deep red , this is the process of the beans growing up
Let's talk about the varieties of coffee trees next:
       There are two biggest species -- Arabica(阿拉比卡) and Robusta(羅布斯塔) , they account for most of the coffee beans in the market. However, on top of them, Geisha, an original variety in Panama, is worth noticing. Geisha has won the best coffee bean title for years because of its high complexity and incredible aroma . Besides ,it is called "the most expensive coffee on earth" . One pound of it costs more than 4000 NT dollars.   I'll share my feeling about sipping Geisha one day!!




Coffee Variety Tree
 



 






2 則留言:

  1. Our chemistry homework this time is to find out what chemical methods are used when brewing coffee,which lets me know that a lot of knowledgement is behind coffee.

    回覆刪除
  2. Well, I used to know that "Luwak" was the most expensive one until you talk about "Geisha". It's really amazing!!

    回覆刪除